- demonstrate the functionality and power of blogging
- investigate how blogging can improve and promote writing skills
- provide a wider range of teaching and learning activities which blogging can enhance
- demonstrate how blogging significantly improves parental and pupil engagement
- look at how to promote blogging work through social media
- demonstrate how blogging can be used to provide evidence for school effectiveness
- look how blogging can be set up in individual classrooms or across the whole school
Strategic Lead School: Heap Bridge Village Primary School
Course Facilitator: Dannielle Hornsby / Marcus Cockcroft
A growing number of forward thinking schools are turning to the power of blogging to drive standards across the curriculum and engage pupils, parents and other stakeholders in the promoting the work of the school. This course will cover some of the solutions out there to achieve a dynamic blogging environment which will provide a platform to both promote the work of the school and provide a rich source of evidence for many aspects of school self-evaluation. Social media is a powerful tool but one which limits engagement from pupils. This course will also look at how to harness the power and reach of social media (Twitter & Facebook) to promote your school blog, getting the very best out of both of these powerful digital platforms. For those schools who also need support in and creating and developing their school blog site – we can help with that too!
Audience: senior leaders, class teachers
- £75 (half day) per delegate (mixed audience from across schools)
- £250 (single school staff meeting session – to promote ideas for blogging across the curriculum)
- £1500 for an individualised school blog (+single twilight training sessions for admin (teacher) users).